Combining dance, martial arts and mindfulness, Nia tones your body while transforming your mind. More than just a workout, Nia is a holistic fitness practice addressing each aspect of your life - body, mind and soul.
The foundation of Nia trainings is the White Belt Intensive, which focuses on physical sensation, body awareness, and self-knowledge. Each successive training (Green, Blue, Brown, and Black Belt) adds a new focus to develop your holistic knowledge of the body, enhance your fitness practice and expand your movement creativity. Join a training and learn how to tune into your body’s wisdom!
Learn the Principles of the Nia practice
The Nia practice is guided by 52 principles integrating movement forms from dance, martial arts and mindfulness. Each training explores 13 Nia principles within the context of five core areas of study:
- Movement - the study of moving, health + potential
- Anatomy - the study of body parts + systems
- Science - the study of body awareness, health + vitality
- Music - the study of sound, health + expression
- Philosophy - the study of the body’s inherent wisdom
Interested in Teaching Nia?