Sensing Your "Now" Body
Date: Mon, Jul. 5, 2010 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Exploring the Science of Nia White Belt Principle 7 —
Three Planes and Intensity Levels
Discover how to use Pleasure to sense your "Now" body!
Tracking physical pleasure is the most direct way to stay connected to your “Now” body. Connecting to your “Now” body involves connecting to the sensations of the moment. Stop and feel your breath and you will sense your "Now" body. Consciously change something and you will sense your "Now" body. Change demands attention and awareness, thus varying your planes and intensity levels is a simple way to stay alert, aware and in the "Now." Carefully sensing your body as you move creates the opportunity to sustain a state of oneness with your “Now” body. This oneness of body and self empowers you to keep your life energetically and structurally healthy.
In this call you will learn the science of:
- Living in your “Now” body through awareness.
- Moving along the “Smile Line."
- Tracking the sensation of safety and efficiency.
- Blending movement with breath to create grace and strength.
- Developing spring-loaded joints to create powerful and graceful movement.
- Reclaiming your childhood strength and agility with Nia's 7-minute workout.
- Varying movement intensities and ranges of motion to heal your joints and muscles.
- Tracking and replacing constricted alignment with dynamic ease.
- Maintaining internal volume and space in your body – and why this is important.
- Personalizing cardiovascular intensity and range of motion.
- Three keys to mastering horizontal and vertical flow.
Download the Call as an MP3
(right-click the link above and choose "save as")