Date: Mon, Jun. 7, 2010 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Exploring the Science of Nia White Belt Principle 6 — The Base
Discover how you can develop grace underfoot!
Walking is an art. Walking gracefully is something to master. Developing power and grace begins by establishing a relationship with your feet, ankle joints, shinbones, knees, thighbones and hip joints. Your feet, “the hands that touch the earth,” connect you and your body, and your body to the earth. How you use your feet and legs can mean the difference between moving freely or rigidly, between living in comfort or in discomfort. When you learn to love your feet, to treat them kindly and use them functionally, you empower the foundation of your whole body to become stronger and more resilient.
In this call you will learn the science of:
- Creating a mobile and stable base for your whole body with your feet, ankles, shinbones, knees, thighbones, hip joints and pelvic girdle.
- Conditioning your body from the inside out by pushing, shifting, rising and sinking.
- Cardiovascular conditioning without jumping or jogging.
- Shifting your body weight to protect and strengthen your bones and joints.
- Pampering and loving your feet and why this improves your overall health.
- The top three "foot maintenance" tricks for happy feet.
- Using pelvic movement as they key to creating an energetic foundation.
- Understanding your foot and ankle as one system.
Download the Call as an MP3
(right-click the link above and choose "save as")