Touching and Being Touched
Date: Mon, May. 3, 2010 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Exploring the Science of Nia White Belt Principle 5 — Awareness and Dancing Through Life
Explore the realities of touching and being touched to create an amazing experience for your body and life!
How lucky we are to have two powers of self-observation within us: our body and our mind. Our body speaks to us through sensation, while our mind speaks to us through thoughts and images. Each is a voice that helps us live in deep understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Awareness is our ability to notice what is happening in our bodies and our minds, to notice when and how we are touching and being touched by the world.
If you go to any self-help workshop, new age gathering, or transformational seminar, you will hear the word "awareness" often. Awareness is sold as something tangible, something you must acquire – something that will change your life if you do manage to get it. Why? Because awareness is power. Awareness is exciting, stimulating, transformational and healing. Awareness has the power to rock your world into alignment – but buyer beware: awareness is not for sissies!
In this call, you will learn Nia's simple three-part practice of using your awareness to turn everyday life into an experience that feels like a dance. White Belt Principle 4: Awareness and Dancing Through Life provides a way to live in a state of meditation without "taking time out" —to see everything in life as art, including your self!
In this call you will learn the science of:
- Listening to the signals of pain and pleasure.
- Creating a loving relationship with your body and life.
- Living in awareness to achieve fitness, health and transformation.
- Turning everyday moves into a dance.
- Tapping into Living Meditation to calm your body and mind.
- Life As Art as a philosophy.
- Using daily movement to tap into self-healing.
- Recognizing your body and life as inspiring, sacred and worthy of your love and admiration.
Download the Call as an MP3
(right-click the link above and choose "save as")