Existing in a World of Sound and Silence
Date: Mon, Mar. 1, 2010 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Exploring the Science of Nia White Belt Principle 3 — The 8BC System
Join Nia co-creator Debbie Rosas Stewart for this month’s topic:
Existing in a World of Sound and Silence:
Exploring the Science of Nia White Belt Principle 3 — The 8BC Music System
Discover what it means to exists in a world of sound and silence!
Whether you are teaching or dancing, one of the greatest benefits of Nia is getting to listen and move to all types of music. The healing effects of music are vast. Regardless of whether you love New Age, World Beat, reggae, jazz, salsa, blues, techno, country, sacred music, or pop, music can have a powerful and positive effect on your body and life. RAW is a Nia practice that turns listening into an art. The Nia 8BC system is a method of illustrating and mapping silence and sound. Together, these practices teach you how to how to listen with your whole whole body, mind, emotions and spirit.
In this call you will learn the science of:
- How music can increase physical vitality, relieve fatigue and inertia, pierce through tension, calm anxiety and uplift feelings.
- Consciously using music to stimulate creativity, become more emotionally sensitive and improve neuromuscular activity.
- The Nia practice called RAW, used to enhance the art of listening.
- Recognizing the details in sound.
- Placing 100% of your attention on listening to both sound and silence to receive healing and calming results.
- What it means to “intimately” listen and communicate.
- How music taps you into the natural forces of nature and why this has healing effects.
Conditioning and healing your body, mind, emotions and spirit with different types of music.
Download the Call as an MP3
(right-click the link above and choose "save as")