A Vital Source of Bodily Nourishment-Joy
Date: Mon, Jan. 4, 2010 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Exploring the Science of Nia Principle 1: The Joy of Movement
Join Debbie Rosas, co-creator of Nia Technique, for an exciting discussion on "A Vital Source of Bodily Nourishment." In this call, we will discuss the sensation of Joy and Nia's first White Belt Principle: The Joy of Movement.
Joy is not a technique or a choreographic method, but rather an energy source the body relies on to maintain health and well-being. The Joy we speak of in Nia is beyond personal joy, which is why we refer to this Joy as a "higher joy." Like love, Joy is always present and available, and we awaken this sensation in ourselves by recognizing how the body itself asks us to choose, sustain, and increase Joy. When you have the power to access Joy from within at all times, you have a context for the dance and well-being of your life.
Use Joy and The Body's Way to fall in love with your body and life. Use it to shift your dance and your life to become a Sacred Athlete, honoring the wisdom and potential of the body to Create a Sacred Livelihood for yourself. Creating a Sacred Livelihood means moving through your life and business in healthy and meaningful ways, modeling for others what it means to follow your own path of purpose and live into your greatness.
In this call you will learn:
- How your cells are controlled by the physical and energetic environment they live in
- How your brain cell connections are designed to keep you connected to the healing energy of Joy
- How to tap into targeted areas of your brain to create paths of connection between your mind and body to Joy
- Mindful ways of thinking that help you develop the ability to literally shift what you feel in your body and life, using the energy of Joy
- How to consciously choose Joy to eliminate the "chatter" in your brain that drags you down
- How your brain can be taught to recognize Joy faster and faster, making it part of who you are
- How to differentiate between "personal enjoyment" and Universal Joy
Download the Call as an MP3
(right-click the link above and choose "save as")