Sunny has been practicing Nia for ten years and counting. She first discovered Nia through her unfailing conquest to try something new. After Sunny's first class, she noticed something different about Nia--how her mind and body were genuinely connected, and she was truly present in the moment. Connecting with exercise was not previously in Sunny's world, and her world was changed!
Throughout the years of practicing Nia, Sunny has learned that...
- Full range movement is intrinsic within us
- Focusing solely on the joy of movement has a pretty powerful effect
- It’s completely acceptable for an ‘adult’ to have fun and play
- Exercise and creative expression can exist in a non-competitive, community-rich environment
- It is achievable set aside impossible pressures and expectations, and ultimately accept and love one's self
- Embrace that each day is different!
Sunny became White Belt certified in 2014 and cherishes the continual learning process that Nia shines onto to her. She looks forward to sharing Nia with her community, and opening each student to his or her own experience.