Love Your Body Tip: Touching
By: Debbie Rosas and Carlos Rosas | May 26, 2009
Touching is one of Nia's 52 Moves and a great way to transmit and receive pleasure all day long through sensation. Touching increases body awareness, can provide energy healing, and has the power to emotionally console, or kinesthetically guide the body. Throughout every day, you have the opportunity to receive love, compassion, integrity, humility, lust, loyalty, union, consoling, and comfort through the touch of your own hands.
Here’s how to receive the gift of Touch every day: Every morning, consciously set the intent for your day. Close your eyes and repeat, "I love my body. My body is the partner I dance through life with, and touch connects me to the sensation of Pleasure.” Briskly rub both hands together for 60 seconds and then stop with your hands facing out into space to feel the pleasurable sensation and buzz of chi moving through your hands. Use your hands and the healing energy of chi when you feel the need to—
- Relax. Rub and gently place the palms of your hands over your eyes for 60 seconds.
- Self-Heal. Rub and gently place your hands over any area for 60 seconds.
- Receive Love. Rub and gently place your hands over your heart for 60 seconds.
- Give Love. Rub and gently place your hands over the heart of someone you love for 60 seconds.
- Release Tension. Rub and direct your hands into the earth and exhale the sound “Ahhhh.”