Love Your Body Tip: Move Your Bones for Wellness!
By: Debbie Rosas and Carlos Rosas | July 8, 2009
Stimulate health for your body, mind, emotions, and spirit by moving your bones!
- Be conscious of moving your bones as you get up and down from a chair. In what ways can you move your bones and find more pleasure and ease?
- Breathe deeply in and out, and sense the bones of your ribcage moving apart and back together.
- Sense your arm bones hanging freely, allowing the muscles of your neck and shoulders to stay relaxed.
- To release tension, walk and shake your bones; “shimmy” your bones to wellness!
- Rock your pelvis side-to-side as you walk to integrate your leg movements with your core.
- Push back from the computer and extend the bones of all ten fingers out into space, then squeeze them around an imaginary ball.
- Stand up and roll the edges of your feet around, allowing the bones of your feet to spread out.
- Stand tall and allow the bones of your skull to float up toward the sky as your lower jaw hangs down, keeping the muscles of your face relaxed.
- Develop bone density by changing shapes and altering the amount of weight bearing-pressure applied to your bones.
- Throw the bones of your hands in the air to express Joy, energizing your spirit.