Become a Trainer
The Nia trainer training program is limited to 50 people and is highly competitive. It is a ten-month program that combines distance learning with a 1 week training in Portland, OR at Studio Nia.
Graduates from this program are able to teach the Nia White Belt Intensive and from there can learn to eventually teach all levels of Nia intensive training.
If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of inquiry to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.Program Details
The ten-month program is organized into three sections: Nia Body + Life competencies, Nia White Belt Training, and Business.
You will study philosophy of The Body's Way, sensation science, body-centered anatomy, music and the movement language of Nia. In the process you will learn all of the somatic exercises and techniques of the Nia White Belt and create a unique business plan integrating your body and life desires into your Nia business.
The course of study is rigorous and requires a time investment.Program Qualifications
To apply to become a Nia trainer, you must:
• Complete all levels of Nia training (White, Blue, Brown and Black), Green Belt Training and Nia 52 Moves
• Teach a minimum of three Nia classes per week for at least four years
• Exhibit a strong personal practice of Nia principles and philosophy in your daily life
• Demonstrate the ability to promote your classes, workshops and Nia
• Engage in your local Nia community including mentoring other Nia teachers
• Regularly participate on the Nia Forum and in Nia telecourses
• Have a detailed understanding and passion to learn about the body’s anatomy
• Have exceptional objective and subjective knowledge of all 52 Nia Principles
• Ability to create Nia choreography
• Have received several forms of bodywork
• Current CPR Certification