Stay Healthy with the Change of Seasons
The holiday season always seems to come too soon! Staying in the flow helps me stay healthy and well during the hustle and bustle, connecting to the sensation of fluidity as I move, think and manage everything.
Flow is a sign of health and a sensation you can learn to track and use to stay relaxed, in joy and out of stress during the holiday season. Sustain your healthy flow over the next two months with these 5 tips.
- Slow down. No matter how much is on your to-do list, rushing won’t get it done any faster. Commit to doing one thing at a time. Focus your attention on relaxed action.
- Breathe to relax. Blend physical, mental and emotional movement with breath. Breathing slowly can help elongate your movement, thinking, feeling. Exhale longer and ride on your breath to increase relaxation.
- Address tension. Whenever you sense tension building up, stop. Move your joints and create comfortable squeeze and release sensations in your muscles and soft tissues. Keep moving until you begin to relax.
- Commit to joy. If you find yourself not enjoying a task, stop. DO something else and return to the task when you feel ready.
- Take five. It’s amazing how just five minutes of the Nia 5 Stages can keep you fit and energetically calm and balanced. The 5 Stages are the same movements all able-bodied people go through to stand up and walk. View the Nia 5 Stages here.
Remember to stay tuned into your body in the next few months and be in the flow as we transition this holiday seasons.
**Interested in going deeper with the Nia 5 Stages of Self-Healing? Find out more about the training here!
By: Debbie Rosas, Nia Creator + Founder