Music, Movement & Magic
Event Type: Workshop
Start: Friday, July 12, 2013 at 8:00pm
End: Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 12:00pm
Notes About This Event
The Body’s Way is the guiding philosophy behind Nia, a fusion of martial, dance, and healing arts that is practiced by people of all shapes and sizes in more than 45 countries. In this workshop, Nia cocreator Debbie Rosas is your guide to learning the fun-infused Nia technique and the life-enhancing philosophy it incorporates.
In barefoot classes set to soul-stirring music, you learn Nia’s unique combination of 52 moves that correspond with the main areas of your body. You also discover how to follow the guiding sensory-based philosophy of the Nia technique to condition your body, self-heal, and find more pleasure in life. You learn how to:
- Perform movement with maximum efficiency and minimal effort
- Achieve balance by equalizing movement from left to right and top to bottom
- Integrate smooth, “soft” movement and explosive, “hard” movement
- Engage in unbounded, three-dimensional movement
- Listen for your body’s feedback, which is experienced as either pleasure or pain
This workshop is appropriate for anyone, including fitness instructors.