Art of Teaching Level 1 White Belt
Art Of Teaching Level 1 White Belt
(formerly Green Belt)
Learn to Teach with Nia Creator Debbie Rosas!
April 26-28 2017
Duration: 3 days (22.5 hours) Price: $599
Join Debbie Rosas, Nia Creator, for an amazing 3-day experience focusing on developing body-centered teaching skills. This new program grew out of the Nia Green Belt and Debbie is excited to bring it to Australia for the first time.
Novice Nia professionals, you'll develop skills to teach Nia successfully from the moment you become a White Belt. Advanced Nia professionals, this training will give you methods to refine your teaching style and enhance your embodiment of the Art of Sensation.
Listening to the voice of sensation is the focus of the 3-day training. Sensation is your guide to understanding the developmental processes that support you in learning and sharing a Nia routine loose-but-tight.
Nia teaching essentials include working with the sensation of each White Belt principle as a map to practice somatic leadership skills. The sensory knowledge from the principles will be applied to learning the Nia Teacher Routine Sanjana, working with the 7 Cycles of a Nia class to deepen your embodiment of Nia’s five skill and knowledge competencies.
- Apply Nia 8BC Music System as a methodology to learn a routine
- Practice notating choreography on 8BC sheets
- Learn to model Sanjana’s Nia moves in Levels 1-3
- Apply Nia’s somatic learning methodology to develop skill with a routine
- Use Sanjana music, choreography and class focus to condition + self-heal
- Body-Centered Leadership
- Guiding students’ experience by building the moves: base, core, upper extremities
- Sound + Silence, Cuing, Sharing What You Sense
- Delivering a Nia Body-Mind-Spirit Experience
Open to All Nia Teachers - All Levels*
- New teachers develop confidence, craft and skill.
- Seasoned teachers refine and deepen their teaching competency, building on their craft and receiving feedback from peers.
*Must be a Livelihood Member to take this course.
About Teaching Nia
Nia training and education is a somatic, body-centered curriculum that develops body and life knowledge and skills. It based upon 52 principles and integrates concepts and techniques from dance, martial arts and healing arts to create a workout that engages the body, mind, emotions, and unique spirit and soul of the individual. Each level of Nia’s Art of Teaching training provides experiential practice and guidance to support your process of developing and refining Nia teaching skills and embodying Nia’s five skill and knowledge competences:
- Movement - the study of moving, health + potential
- Anatomy - the study of body parts + systems
- Science - the study of body awareness, health + vitality
- Music - the study of sound, health + expression
- Philosophy - the study of the body’s inherent wisdom
The price of Art of Teaching Level 1 White Belt is USD 599 plus VAT if applicable. To reserve your spot in a training, you must pay in full directly to Nia Technique, Inc. (via NiaNow's online registration system).
Cancellation + Transfer Policy
The course fee is non-refundable. Should you cancel your registration more than 30 days prior to the training start date, the full amount of your fee will be credited to your Nia account. Should you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the training start date, you will incur a cancellation fee of $250 which will be deducted from your paid fee. The remaining balance will be credited to your Nia account.
If this event is cancelled by Nia Technique, you will receive a full refund.