Date: Mon, Oct. 5, 2009 - 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This Telecourse has already occured. Registration is closed.
The recorded call should be posted soon.
Akin to nearly all transformational practices (but not to the fitness industry) is the term "Beginner's Mind". In Nia, "Beginner's Mind" is the state we consciously enter into to become fully present and in the moment, in the Now.
Beginner implies you know nothing. You are empty. It means you consciously forget what you knew from the past and are simply here Now, not preoccupied with yesterday. Mind is a part of being human, often the most challenging to control, but when harnessed, your mind can lead to a more relaxed, powerful, conscious, and satisfying way to live and love your life in a body. Doing anything - Nia, Yoga, running, painting, writing - from a state of Beginner's Mind can effortlessly guide you to new levels of Joy and physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual growth each day.
In this call you will learn
- Why athletes and martial artists practice Beginner's Mind
- How and why Beginner's Mind is the body's natural state for keeping you relaxed, in the Now, and fully present to life
- How Beginner's Mind, by nature, creates a Joyful environment for discovering new things about the world and yourself
- How Beginner's Mind supports making appropriate choices for yourself and Your Body
- How Beginner's Mind taps us into fascination, one of the most life-enhancing and stimulating energies we experience
- How Beginner's Mind enhances body awareness and body-mind intelligence
- How Beginner's Mind teaches you compassion and how to fall in love with being a beginner